Sunday 6 January 2013

Song of the month (XII)

It  would be impossible for me to describe the past year in one word, so I’d rather say that to me 2012 was... confusing. Too many ups and downs (more of the latter, I’m afraid), some sad and uncomfortable personal situations and the pursuit of my yet-to-be-fulfilled professional dream made me tumble and question many things and people. On the bright side, however, I’ve made some amazing friends and have actually started to take charge of my own life, which is giving me a newly-found sense of freedom and confidence. It feels like I’ve been gaining momentum to hopefully take off soon.

That box of emotions must be the reason why it's been impossible to find the right song lyrics to summarise my year. Now I know why – the music is there, I've already created it, but the lyrics haven't been written yet. I guess they will just be added all throughout the coming year when I have the answers to my questions...

And if I had to choose a song with no lyrics that could express the mixed feelings scattered across 2012, I know it could be no other than the incredibly beautiful Comptine d’un autre été – L’après midi by Yann Tiersen. Delicate and intense at the same time, just like my year.

2 comments:

  1. It's a second time I see you post Amelie song. If I can share a little?:)
    This is very special album to me. 9 years ago I had just returned from Spain after living there for over a year (in a small finca near Brihuega). Me and my wife we didn't know what to do in Poland, we didn't really feel like staying and doing some crappy job. And then I got this CD with Amelie. I just sat dawn for an hour and listened to it with closed eyes. And then I had an idea - accordion. I just loved the instrument so much, Yann Tiersen created a dream with it. I told my wife I have a plan - I'll learn accordion and we will travel everywhere we want and I will support us with playing. She wasn't happy, I didn't play any instrument before, but she said ok to this maddness:). And then I spent like 6 months learning Yann Tiersen songs. And then we did it:) We travelled for few years and lived just of my street playing. So thanks for reminding me what's important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Thanks a lot for your kind comments, I've read all three and I'm glad you've enjoyed reading my blog :-) Your story is truly beautiful and has inspired me so much!! Hope to see you around, take care!

      Delete